About Me

My photo
If you've met me than you already know. If you have questions...just ask.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Polynesian Cultural Center










I'd just like to take this time to show why I love my work. A lot of people come to the Polynesian Culture Center having no idea what it's all about. So, to put it simply there are 6 Polynesian villages: Samoa, Aotearoa (New Zealand), Fiji, Hawai'i, Tonga, and Tahiti. Each village has a presentation a different times of the day where they present traditions from their culture. In each of the villages there are activities that you can participate in that are really fun, and a really good way to learn about each culture. It's the most awesomest place and I wish everybody could come and I could show you around. We'd have to spend more than one day there because it's impossible to do everything in one day.















All of the presentations are great, but my favorite is probably New Zealand. The first time I watched it, it made me think of Dad and how much he would love to see it. And it still makes me think of Dad everytime I watch it. I can't even begin to describle how much fun Morgan and Jadyn would have doing all of the activities. There's things to do for everybody here. It's an experience that everybody should have. It's a very special place and I'm really lucky to be able to work there as a tour guide.






















Tax returns will be coming, so everybody save up and then come next year. I really want everybody to see the Cultural Center, you guys would love it. Here are some photos of me at work and with people that I've taken.






The first photo is my first tour all by myself. The rest are just photos of different people from all over the place. It's great meeting people from different places, and you never know who you'll meet next. It could be a family of 19 black people (which was probably my favorite tour), or the Speaker of the Congress of Micronesia (which was a great honor). I've taken people from Paris, Canada, Tahiti, Australia, England, New Zealand, Phillipines, Cambodia, Germany, Russia, Brazil, all over the U.S. and other places too. It's not only the tourists but also the people that I work with that make it so fun.

2 comments:

The Miles Family said...

Can I just tell you that I am very envious of you!! Man, you are living the live everyone dreams of. I am glad you are having such a good time. Are you going home for Christmas?

Kristin said...

I actually was looking at ticket prices the other day out of curiousity. I think everybody would love to come visit you in Hawaii, it's just a very big expense. Daniel has taken a big chunck of change to go on his trip so who knows when we'll be ready to go on another one. At least you'll be home for Christmas and we'll get to see you then. By the way, what is Britany doing up at 5:00 in the morning! Crazy!