About Me

My photo
If you've met me than you already know. If you have questions...just ask.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tahitian Day


Yesterday was a very special occasion. There was a Tahitian high school that came to Hawai'i. They did in exchange with one of the other high schools, so some Hawaiians went to Tahiti and the Tahitians came here. I saw them in the front of the university campus on my way to class, and stopped to say hi to some of the Tahitian students that were there to translate. I got so excited to talk to them and be around them that I just skipped my class and helped take them around campus.


It was so great to be around Tahitians straight from the islands. They were high schoolers and that's the age group that I want to teach so it was really fun to interact with them and get to know them better. They came to the Polynesian Cultural Center and did some performances for the tourists, it was really good.


I wish they could have stayed longer but they went home today. Hopefully I'll see them again one day. It just reminded me how much I want to go back, I love the Tahitian people. There's just something different about them that sets them apart from the other Polynesians. I'll always be grateful to have had the opportunity to serve in Tahiti. I don't know where I'd be had I not. I know that most of my family doesn't want to here it, but I know that it's where I'm supposed to be. I wish I would have brought my camera, I forgot it at the dorm...crap!

No comments: